Wednesday, August 6, 2008

New Backyard

When we built our house, our builder landscaped only half of our backyard
and then fenced it in.
It was pretty much a ski slope in the back to where the fence was.
We never used the backyard for this reason
and the kids were only playing in the street in the front
(we live on a cul-de-sac, not sure if that is spelled right)
So we decided to finish landscaping the backyard.
It took us about a week and a half.
It was well worth all the work and money!!!!
The kids love it and now they are not playing in the street.

If you look really close you will see the play set down at the bottom.
I guess we wanted the kids to get some exercise by walking back and forth to the play set.
In the South during July it is REALLY HOT AND HUMID.
By the time the kids come back up to the house they are profusely sweating.
Poor Oakley sweats like her mama
and looks like she just got out of the shower when she comes in.


It takes me a good 4 freakin hours to mow and edge the front and back lawn
Not fun.




3 comments:

Heidi Louise said...

Could your backyard be anymore beautiful? I just need to save up for the next 5 years in order to afford a plane ticket to come see the real thing.

And I can't believe how big Oakley and Kobe look. Glad to see you joined the blogging world... now if you would just call me back life would be great!

Jenny H said...

Hey Micah..
How are you? It is fun to see your family and life in Alabama. My husband's sister lives there somewhere, I think up in the northern part.
Anyway...I still think of us driving down 5th south in your sister's jeep, the wrong way - seriously everytime I am on that road. Do you remember that?:)
Hope you are doing well! Your kids are darling and I think your daughter looks just like you.
Jenny (Payne) Howe

Tia said...

Micah...that is seriously your backyard?? It is amazing, and so, so pretty. Although, I do not envy the task of a 4 hour mow. I guess it is good exercise, right?

Your kids are so cute, as always.