Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Morning

On Christmas Eve Day I was in the kitchen all day cooking our food for the next few days while the kids were running around outside in the 75 degree weather. That night we had our favorite German meal for dinner-roast and spetzle. YUM! We delivered some gifts to the neighbors and when we returned Santa's Elves had dropped off new pajamas for the kids. We then watched Fred Clause (Kobe's request) then put the kids to bed.

Kobe sent himself to bed Christmas Eve at 9:00 pm so Santa wouldn't pass up our house. After 3 hours of anxiety and tears, he finally fell asleep at midnight. He thought for sure that Santa had passed our house because he couldn't fall asleep. We had to reassure him that Santa would not pass our house and with a little help of some sleep meds, he was out.

We all had a nice Christmas and enjoyed being home with nowhere to go. We stayed in our pajamas all day and just hung out. We missed being with family, but we were able to talk to everyone on the phone.






















Kobe with his new Alabama football. Roll Tide!


















Oakley laying on her new sleeping bag.























Kobe with his new DS. Kobe left his last DS on our flight back from Utah last month. We tried to track it down for several weeks, but no luck. Kobe wrote Santa another letter to tell him what happened and asked for a new one. We then had to send it express mail to Santa so he would receive it in time.

















Oakley opening her present from Grandma and Grandpa Hammond.
If you are wondering, Oakley has her apron on over her pj's. She decided she needed to cook some food in her room before she came out to see what Santa had brought her!






















This is what I like to call my BTS pillow. AKA the pregnancy pillow. If any of you are pregnant or going to be pregnant in the future, I highly recommend the pregnancy pillow. I have never slept so good while pregnant!

4 comments:

Sunee said...

What the hell? Poor Ryan,can he even fit in the bed?

Brianne said...

Sounds like the perfect Christmas! I love staying in jammies all day.
Oh, and I LOVE your header picture!

P.S. Is that really how the you sleep with that thing???

TOP-HAM-FAM said...

Don't diss the pillow until you try it! It's amazing!

Alicia said...

Hey Micah, it's Alicia Mouritsen-now Walters. I just saw your blog through Tara's. I AM pregnant and can't sleep EVER. Just because I'm so uncomfortable. I'd love to know where to get said pillow. And promptly. If you could leave a comment on my blog telling me where, I'd be so thankful! www.americanpen.blogspot.com
So good to see how you are doing! I love the derby pictures and the kids look so great!