Sunday, April 5, 2009

Baby Update

I went to the doctor last Tuesday for my normal check up. I was 35 weeks at the time, but he wanted to check to see if I had started to dilate yet. I have been going into the hospital twice a week for the last few weeks to do stress tests on the baby. He has me doing this since we lost our second at 38 weeks. It is just to make sure the baby is ok leading into these last few weeks. Each time I have gone to do the stress test I have been having contractions the whole time I am there. I told the nurses that I start having contractions regularly the last month or so of my pregnancies. The nurses tend to freak out and call my doctor every time and ask if they should give me a shot to stop them. So needless to say, my doctor wanted to check me to see if the contractions were doing anything. To my amazment I was already dilated to a 3. I never have dilated this early before. My doctor changed my due date to the 24th of this month (Ryan's birthday!). But he doesn't think that I will make it that far. He said that if I go into labor he won't try to stop it. That was music to my ears! GAME ON!!! I decided that this weekend was the perfect weekend to redue all my flower beds. I tore everything out, tilled the dirt, planted all new things, and layed down rubber mulch. It took two good days and looks alot better (I will post some pictures soon)! But no labor. I thought for sure that would do it. All it did was make every muscle in my body sore and making my 20 bathroom runs during the night really painful! I've got to figure something else out for this week. If anyone has any ideas let me know!

5 comments:

Brianne said...

That is so exciting! I hope she comes soon. I have no ideas on how to go into labor. I was so determined with Taya (I had been dilated to 3 and 80% effaced for a month) so I ran 8 miles on the treadmill...NOTHING!! Wasn't it you that tried Castrol oil? Can't wait to see her.

P.S. Isn't the rubber Mulch the best!?!

E.T. said...

Congratulations on being so close! The last month always seems to go by so slowly (especially if you keep having contractions), but I hope she comes early!

Jenny H said...

I had both my kiddos around 35 weeks, and it was fantastic. Keep in mind though, that I gain like 50 pounds a pregnancy and a few a week after week 32...so just imagine what I might look like walking around at 40 weeks. NOT pretty.
I am so glad you have a great doctor who is taking care of you; it gives such peace of mind. I still haven't found one I'd like if I decide to have another.
I can't wait to see her pictures..

Jess said...

BLUE COHOSH... it is a womans herbal supplement (totaly safe... although NOT intended for pregant women, therefore it puts them into labor ...) my OBGYN recommened it to me my first pregnacy. It worked. I went into labor the next day after taking just one supplement. No side effects like with the castrol oil..
Good luck! I can't wait to see pix!
Will you email me your phone number?
jessicaliwanag@msn.com

Arrington Fam said...

Your blog is so cute, and it was fun to talk to you on the phone today Ryan. Those last few weeks of pregnancy are almost enough to kill ya aren't they? Hang in there! I jumped down six flights of stairs (that sounds bad--I took it one stair at a time) when I was a week overdue with Cam, but it didn't work. Sorry, I guess they just come when it's time! Can't wait!