Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mya Rylee Topham

Mya was born April 16th at 9:00 am. She weighed 7lbs 13 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. Luckily, the delivery was short and sweet. When we went into the hospital I was already almost a 5. The nurses started the patossin at 6am. My doctor broke my water at 7am and was still at about a 5. I got my epideral at 8:15am. While I was getting the epideral I started having some strong contractions and alot of pressure. When they were done with the epideral my nurse checked me and I was already at an 8! Not even 5 minutes later I felt like I needed to push. My nurse checked me again and I was ready to go! She paged my doctor and said it was time and to hurry. It took 2 pushes and she was out! We love having her here finally!


























































We all couldn't believe what we saw when she came out. The cord was not only wrapped around her neck there was a knot in the cord! This is what we were trying to avoid from happening again. We were just happy that we decided to have Mya when we did and that everything was ok with her. We have been blessed to have a healthy baby.

































11 comments:

Sara is crazy four my boys said...

Congratulations-she is beautiful! My heart stopped when I saw that knot!! I am so happy she is here and safe and healthy.

scott and tara said...

Congrats again guys! She is so cute and looks just like Kobe and Oakley. I'm glad the labor went so well! We can't wait to meet the newest Topham in a couple of months (and see the rest of you too)!

Jess said...

She is gorgeous Micah! She looks sooo much like you and I LOVE the name you and Ryan chose for her. I would love to meet her next time you are in town. I can't imagine what you go through with your pregnancies and I am so grateful that things turned out okay for her and your little family. Call me when you are here.

The 6 W's said...

Oh wow! That story gave me chills! I'm so thankful that she's here safe and sound! Congratulations Topham family!!

Jenny H said...

I just love her. What a stinking doll...seriously. I am so glad everything went well and that she came when she did. I am so happy for you guys!!

hill family said...

What a cute little miracle she is. It's always so amazing to me that babies some how make it here safe and healthy. What a cute little picture of all three of you cute little ones. And by the way, why do you look so great? Didn't you just have a baby? Good job and congrats! YOu definately have a keeper.

Autumn said...

We are so happy for you! Seriously had to be a better delivery this time around (as opposed to the fun German one). Yeah for new baby Mya.

Arrington Fam said...

We're so happy Mya is here! Love the name, love the cute baby, can't wait to see you all!

Tilese

Jane said...

congrats Micah! I haven't checked your blog for a while so it was a great surprise to see a new baby. I'm so glad everything went well and you have a healthy baby. She is darling and love the name.

Heidi Louise said...

Micah... she is beautiful. I love her name. I couldn't help but cry as I read this post and looked at the pictures, especially the one of the chord. I'm so happy for you guys and am too grateful she got here when she did. Someone was definitely looking out for her.

Love you and miss you!

Karyn said...

Congratulations!!
She is beautiful! We are so happy for your family. I hope you guys stay around Rucker for a while! We will be there wihin the year!